Python Forum
Staying up-to-date with a language
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying up-to-date with a language
Programming languages change from time to time, new features are added, some are deprecated. Python is now my go to language for any task not OS dependent, and I really love the language. Besides reading the What's New page, what are some other ways to keep up-to-date on new features of a language? I like textbooks, but they can become out of date quickly.
Packages that are written by the general python community are added constantly to pypi.org.
Go to the home page and scroll down, look at 'new releases' and 'trending projects'.
Be active in a community like this. A lot of times people will post in the "discussions and news" sections new things that are happening with python, programming in general, etc. Or just by reading responding posts to others threads sometimes reveals new things unknown to the reader. You will often get notified of new and useful packages to complex problems this method that were unknown to you beforehand. Keep coding with python. As the versions tick by you will utilize new features, etc.
Recommended Tutorials:
You can automate it. Scrape the pages and the new posts for a keyword or expression. And you can get a notification when there is a match.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org