Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Forum & Off Topic (https://python-forum.io/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Bar (https://python-forum.io/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: New Users Introduce Yourself (/thread-36.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Introduction - predirt - Feb-20-2018

Just wanted to introduce myself as I just joined this forum.

Brand new to Python, so I just know I'll have multiple opportunities to embarrass myself with noob questions that will seem obvious in a while. I did Clipper coding for a living back when but have not done any for a long while. GUI stuff is new to me. As is OO. I admit I'm struggling. Things just don't come as easily as they used to.

My place is all Linux, openSUSE 42.3 although I do have a copy of Win 10 that I can boot to when I feel masochistic. (That ought to get a response!)

I do have a project I'm trying to develop, so I'll most likely be here asking dumb stuff. Looking forward to having some fun doing coding again.

Predirt

RE: Introduction - Larz60+ - Feb-20-2018

No question too dumb, like your hat!

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - yashp - Feb-23-2018

Hey all, I'm Yash and I'm new here. I was a professional Python dev for about two years. It was a few years ago and I was just about to learn how to write C extensions... then they cancelled my project.

Anyway, Python is my favorite "at home" language because it's fun to use and flexible -- it's great for "crafters", that's my favorite thing about it.

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - Larz60+ - Feb-23-2018

Quote:It's great for "crafters"
But also for professional software a few of which are: You Tube, Drop Box,
Google mainframe foundation, Quora, Instagram, BitTorrent, Yahoo Maps, Reddit

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - league55 - Feb-23-2018

(Feb-23-2018, 01:59 AM)yashp Wrote: ...Python is...great for "crafters", that's my favorite thing about it.

As a casual tinkerer I approve of that sentiment. :-)

Welcome to the forum.

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - Hermiedug - Feb-23-2018

Hi, I'm recently retired and thought I would like to learn to code but have no prior experience, I bought a cozmo robot as was recomended by a friend and have had great fun, but now I want to start to learn rather than just run the example scripts, please bear with my stupid questions and help me out if you can Smile

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - Larz60+ - Feb-23-2018

just sit back and have fun!

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - Crpyto_2 - Mar-05-2018

Hello, my name is Crypto.
I like Python and am very glad I found people who do as well.

I hope you welcome my stay with open arms.

This is the only introduction I will post, and I'll make sure it isn't lengthy;

I love problem-solving and readable code as well as CS related topics.

I am an overall nice guy and hope that I can learn along with my forum comrades.

Crypto

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - generalelyon - Mar-13-2018

Hi guys! I’m a new member, hope to learn something :)

RE: New Users Introduce Yourself - sterretje - Mar-17-2018

Hello

my name is Wim and I'm new to Python. I'm an electronic engineer by trade and software engineer / troubleshooter by profession.

From a coding perspective, I've written code in MCS51 and PIC assembly, C, Tcl/Tk and bash. Most knowledge is rusty :( I nowadays mostly write windows services in C# and some powershell stuff and have picked up C++ (thanks to Arduino; still learning).

I'm now trying to get my feet wet with python and try to walk before I can crawl :)

Regards, WimS