Python Forum
really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Homework (https://python-forum.io/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow (/thread-27765.html)

really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - mohamedhadi02 - Jun-20-2020

you know when you walk in to a hospital or a bank you need to take a ticket and wait until you hear your ticket number in the speaker and the office number or the window you need to go to ? i need to make a python script to do that

RE: really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - Yoriz - Jun-20-2020

You want to create some sort of ai robot controlled by python to save you standing in a queue?
And you want to make it by tomorrow Huh

RE: really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - Gribouillis - Jun-20-2020

mohamedhadi02 Wrote:i need to make a python script to do that
Start by defining what the script will actually do, namely which input will it take and what will be its output?

RE: really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - mohamedhadi02 - Jun-20-2020

when someone hit the button the script will announce the ticket number and the windows .
there will be 3 windows , so when the person in window one hit the button it will say ' ticket Number one , Window Number on' and when the person in window Tow hit the button it will say the ticket number and the window number

RE: really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - Gribouillis - Jun-20-2020

You are still in the hospital and the bank. Forget about all this. There is only one person, the user of your program, with a keyboard and a mouse. What will they concretely do and what will they concretely see?

RE: really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - DPaul - Jun-21-2020

I think we are way past "tomorrow" now, but i find the execise interesting,
so i'll try it myself, introducing an average (or random?) time to serve the client,
some gentle threading and , a queue of new arrivals ?
May take some time though :-)
Paul

RE: really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - mohamedhadi02 - Jun-21-2020

(Jun-20-2020, 09:57 PM)Gribouillis Wrote: You are still in the hospital and the bank. Forget about all this. There is only one person, the user of your program, with a keyboard and a mouse. What will they concretely do and what will they concretely see?

the user will see a button, hi hit it the program will play an audio of which number office click on the button and which ticket number will go to it

RE: really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - Gribouillis - Jun-21-2020

Okay, so the user hits a button and the program says an office number and a ticket number. How will the program choose these numbers?

RE: really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow - mohamedhadi02 - Jun-21-2020

The office number will be from the office that clicked and the ticket let say only have 9 ticket