Python Forum
New Features In WP5.9 ; What Happens If One Sticks To A Old Theme? - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Forum & Off Topic (https://python-forum.io/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Bar (https://python-forum.io/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: New Features In WP5.9 ; What Happens If One Sticks To A Old Theme? (/thread-36108.html)

New Features In WP5.9 ; What Happens If One Sticks To A Old Theme? - apollo - Jan-17-2022

dear community, Smile

well honestly - this has nothing to do with Python - nothing with an IDE or with setup of Python on Linux or a Win-box. It has nothing to do with dependencies in a installation and with working with Beautiful-Soup or with request or some other methods.

no - today i have a other question:

i am a bit unsecure if i got all the new things rigth!?
So below some assumptions - plz set me straigth if i am wrong here:

with the landing of WP 5.9 many things will dramatically change: Especially when it comes to theming.Now we have Full-Site-Editing and Block-Theming, Block- Pattern Navigator and Navigation-MenuWe have query loop and
the full editing-tings will belong to the core - and the classic-editor - it has vanished.
Question: what if one runs the theme twenty-twenty - does he loose all the theme-things - !`? 'will he dont be able to run his setup - (and Twenty-twenty-Theme) in the Version 5.9 any more!?

or is it like so: the new features (Block_Theming , Full Site Editing will only "go live " and get in effect if i install and run a Block-Based theme!?Only if this is the case - the "block-editor" will go active
If i do not install a block based theme - and if i do not activate it - then i can stick to the old Theme Twenty-Twenty!?

Is this correct!? Please set me straight - and give some hints - so that i know if my above mentioned assumptions are correct or not!`?

Love to hear from you
regards Rolleyes

RE: New Features In WP5.9 ; What Happens If One Sticks To A Old Theme? - Rixter112 - Feb-16-2022

(Jan-17-2022, 11:07 AM)apollo Wrote: dear community, Smile

well honestly - this has nothing to do with Python - nothing with an IDE or with setup of Python on Linux or a Win-box. It has nothing to do with dependencies in a installation and with working with Beautiful-Soup or with request or some other methods.

no - today i have a other question:

i am a bit unsecure if i got all the new things rigth!?
So below some assumptions - plz set me straigth if i am wrong here:

with the landing of WP 5.9 many things will dramatically change: Especially when it comes to theming.Now we have Full-Site-Editing and Block-Theming, Block- Pattern Navigator and Navigation-MenuWe have query loop and
the full editing-tings will belong to the core - and the classic-editor - it has vanished.
Question: what if one runs the theme twenty-twenty - does he loose all the theme-things - !`? 'will he dont be able to run his setup - (and Twenty-twenty-Theme) in the Version 5.9 any more!?

or is it like so: the new features (Block_Theming , Full Site Editing will only "go live " and get in effect if i install and run a Block-Based theme!?Only if this is the case - the "block-editor" will go active
If i do not install a block based theme - and if i do not activate it - then i can stick to the old Theme Twenty-Twenty!?

Is this correct!? Please set me straight - and give some hints - so that i know if my above mentioned assumptions are correct or not!`?

Love to hear from you
regards Rolleyes
What are you asking, if theres a question there at all? You have used wp for a VERY long time so why is a different theme a problem? Why can't you install whatever theme you want on a test instance and look at it and test it? Been how many years now that you've been using wp and you still play the noob card?