Python Forum
Adding MIDI Channels to each Input - Printable Version

+- Python Forum (https://python-forum.io)
+-- Forum: Python Coding (https://python-forum.io/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: General Coding Help (https://python-forum.io/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Adding MIDI Channels to each Input (/thread-39817.html)

Adding MIDI Channels to each Input - zach1234 - Apr-18-2023

Hi Guys, apologies as i am a complete beginner.

I downloaded this python script to map my midi controller to Ableton Live. I am having a problem where i cannot use the full potential of my controller due to the script only allowing me to add one midi channel for buttons. E.G. BUTTONCHANNEL = 1 etc. I'm trying to add an option where i can choose the message/data number and MIDI channel to every element of the main script (MIDI MAP.py), So instead of just PLAY = (data number) i want PLAY = (MIDI CHANNEL, Data Number). A big big thank you in advance and thank you if someone could even point me in the right direction as i am keen on learning about python.

Python Script Link

RE: Adding MIDI Channels to each Input - jefsummers - Apr-18-2023

Please post your code using the python tags rather than as zip or link. Then we can take a look.

RE: Adding MIDI Channels to each Input - zach1234 - Apr-19-2023

(Apr-18-2023, 06:38 PM)zach1234 Wrote: Hi Guys, apologies as i am a complete beginner.

I downloaded this python script to map my midi controller to Ableton Live. I am having a problem where i cannot use the full potential of my controller due to the script only allowing me to add one midi channel for buttons. E.G. BUTTONCHANNEL = 1 etc. I'm trying to add an option where i can choose the message/data number and MIDI channel to every element of the main script (MIDI MAP.py), So instead of just PLAY = (data number) i want PLAY = (MIDI CHANNEL, Data Number). A big big thank you in advance and thank you if someone could even point me in the right direction as i am keen on learning about python.

Python Script Link

(Apr-19-2023, 05:19 PM)zach1234 Wrote:
(Apr-18-2023, 06:38 PM)zach1234 Wrote: Hi Guys, apologies as i am a complete beginner.

Python Script Link

Oh my bad, i had to break it into two replies due to the max attachments being 5 items. Here you go though!

Thank you

RE: Adding MIDI Channels to each Input - jefsummers - Apr-19-2023

Not attachments. Recognize none of us want to risk a virus by opening attachments. Use the blue and yellow Python tags and paste the relevant code between the tags

RE: Adding MIDI Channels to each Input - jefsummers - Apr-20-2023

Once you post the code (in tags) this should not be terribly hard. Recognize that a midi note on message includes the note number, velocity, and channel. So, you might want to get and use the velocity as well. It is likely your script is using a default velocity (commonly 64)