Python Forum
Ideas for determine the volume of rotating object
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for determine the volume of rotating object
Hello everybody,

I'm afraid I'm totally wrong with my question here, but I thought it might be worth a try...
I am currently working on an experiment investigating the formation of planets.

I have a vacuum chamber in which dust particles form bigger agglomerates through accretion (sticking together).
From the imagery I can see those agglomerates which are build up by smaller monomeres.
They look a bit like this (see picture). Now in the imagery I can see those agglomerates rotating with a constant velocity

[Image: ZhJBpJj]

My goal is to find a way to approximate the volume of such polymeres. But I dont really know how to do this. My idea was
to somehow determine the volume by integrating over the "dark area" at every frame. Then I could take the mean of all
the integrations and would get something like the mean value of the visible area. Then I could calculate the solid of
revlution around the rotation axis.

But I am afraid the measurement error would be huge.
I am certain that there is a better way of doing it. Since I know the "2d shadow" of the object from every angle, there should be some kind of way to determine the volume right?

I am very thankful for every idea / link / or literature that someone would suggest give me.

Greetings from germany!

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for determine the volume of rotating object - by Lardos - Apr-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volume label DPaul 3 482 Apr-24-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: DPaul
  Plants vs Zombies. Images Ideas. Windspar 2 2,686 Jan-15-2018, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Windspar